keskiviikko 17. elokuuta 2011

Shopping spree

I generally don't enjoy shopping but there is something special about doing it in the States. It might be the cheaper prices, it might be the vast selection of goods or the overly positive and helpful approach of the personnel. Or most likely the combination of those, but out here there is a part of me that actually enjoys shopping. Last time I was kind of forced to do so because the airline managed to lose my checked in baggage but now I left with an almost empty bag in anticipation of the consuming festivities. Besides, shopping is a good activity for those hours that are spent wandering around trying to recalibrate your internal clock for the new time zone. Can't really recommend Abercrombie & Fitch for the jet lagged though as you might mistake yourself being in a night club and that just makes adjusting so much more difficult.

I've been looking around for some car rental options as well and one thing has become apparent: don't do it in the city center or at the airport. The prices in the city start at $700 per week whereas a 20 minute train ride and walking for three blocks can save you around $500. Maybe I should bet that extra half a grand in Vegas on black and see if I should upgrade my sensible car to something more exotic then...

1 kommentti:

TheTravelAngel kirjoitti...

Terrific! Monuments, Food, Shopping, People are great. I have been there twice and I will come back. Take a good travel guide as there is such a lot to do.


.John

Who else wants to quit their job & try a travel job in the world? Get travel jobs in any country and on every continent by claiming this free DVD. Get started today.