torstai 18. elokuuta 2011

Food stroll

I didn't have a specific plan for today apart from walking around. I did that for about ten kilometers worth and mostly because of food and vintage arcade machines. At least that's what the trip wound up to be about, but since the food here is great it was totally worth it.

First I wandered to Fishermans Wharf and for the first time was disappointed about how touristy the city can be. The crowded cable cars on Powell street I can manage but somehow all the venues in the Wharf seemed like they could be from any basic tourist trap in the world. a pleasant surprise was the Musee Mecanique where I finally found some good use for all the quarters that had been piling up in my pockets. Well, mainly I was playing the original Spy Hunter but there were a lot of other fun arcade games and mechanical devices there that would swallow your coins faster than you could keep track. I didn't want to resort to the exchange machine (as I'd probably be there still) so I ventured onwards. It was about lunchtime so I walked away for ten blocks to find a random deli that served exquisite sandwiches. After lunch and a coffee I mustered the rest of my energy and went shopping once again! And walked a bit more after that.

Back at the hostel and a late afternoon nap later I carried on to my next destination: Spencer on the go. A food truck that serves classic French cuisine that has been adapted for a bit more recreational feasting. I asked for Chez Spencers recommendation and got the most succulent truffle infused lamb vol-au-vent you can imagine. Simply stunning. If you are ever in San Francisco I really recommend checking it out.

Ei kommentteja: