keskiviikko 17. elokuuta 2011

Inspiring sights

Apparently  it is not very common to have such a clear view of Greenland on a trans-Atlantic flight. The melting sheets of ice and the vast scale of it (that can only really be seen from 10 kilometers above) reveal the sorry state of the planet. Well, maybe I am being a bit melodramatic here but nevertheless it was an impressive sight. (I'll try to add some photos later on...) :)

I've been traveling a bit shy of 24 hours straight and the flight is about to land in San Francisco. Then it's just a short BART ride to the city centre and checking in to a familiar hostel for a few nights to fight the jet lag. At least this time I booked one in advance - first time I was here last December I just arrived and took out my laptop at the airport hoping to find a free wifi. But if traveling around has taught me anything it is that things will always work out in the end. One way or the other. At least they always have no matter if I've been thrown out of a bus in the middle of the night in some small bus stand by a Sumatran "highway" or being chased by a pack of dogs in the night in India. So not having a bed arranged for the first night in a civilized nation whose language you speak fluently wasn't a big concern by comparison. Stupid maybe, but manageable.


Ei kommentteja: