lauantai 20. elokuuta 2011

Middle of nowhere

Trying to hold true to my previoius post: I really didn't plan to spend the night in a shady motel straight from Memento in a sorry excuse for a town called Bishop. The choice was based on a highly scientific interpolation formula I named "that's about halfway to Vegas". To be honest the drive on the road 108 through the mountainous Stanislaus national forest had a big influence as well. And tomorrow it's about two hours drive to death valley before switching states and arriving to the planets largest concentration of Elvis impersonators. Or at least that's what the common stereotype of our favorite neon-lit gambling haven promises. Tomorrow I'll find out. :)

I think I would also have a full post about how social media is changing traveling but I need a bit more rest before that. Driving for eight hours a day kind of makes you respect the cab drivers.

Ei kommentteja: